Thursday 23 October 2008

I'm obsessed

with this.

Isn't it amazing? Probably the most ridiculously cute thing ever. And every time I look at it I hear the Bob Marley song. You can't help but smile and feel the urge to set out a feeder in your back garden (if I had a back garden, of course). Officially the happiest looking cardigan I have ever seen.

And if you're on Ravelry you can enjoy this fabulous jumper version.

I've only tried Fairisle knitting (with all the colours) once. On a pair of mittens that I still haven't finished (you can see them on the right). I've always been a bit scared of it. And steeking (where you actually cut your beloved, hard-worked knitting to make the armholes) frankly terrifies me. But this may be the project that persuades me to try again. The birds are calling to me. And Jamieson's wool is sooooo cosy and in a million gorgeous colours and not too crazily expensive and....

Enough. I'm convinced (aren't you?). It may be foolhardy, it may be complicated, it may be the final nail in the 'barmy knitter' sign on my forehead but I'm knitting the damn birds.

And who knows. If I manage that, maybe I'll be brave enough to try this...

'...singing don't worry 'bout a thing, cos every little thing gonna be alright...'

No comments: