Saturday 31 January 2009

Blip

It seems there is no limit to the new ways you can waste, ahem I mean spend, time online. I'm slowly getting to grips with Twitter and pleasantly surprised at the gems it's been throwing my way, from great blogs, to funny videos and daft news stories. My latest discovery is blip.fm

As the more technologically savvy of you probably already know, blip is a bit like You Tube in that you can post video online, but blip.fm is where you can create your own radio station. You 'blip' a song - a bit like a Twitter update really - and others can listen to your station, and add your blips to their playlist and you can do likewise with the other people - what would the word be, exactly? Blipping? God the internet revels in infantile language -anyway, where was I? Right, so you play your favourite music, and listen to others. Which is perfect for me as regular radio stations end up annoying the crap out of me - I hate the adverts, the inane chat from mindless djs, the completely unfunny pranks/jokes/studio banter, and the endlessly repeated playlist of about 10 tracks.

So, from the rolling blips on my screen I'm already sampling a load of bands I've never heard of and being reminded of some forgotten classics. Nice.

You'll find yet another icon on the righthand side of this blog for you to click through to hidden treasures. Don't say I don't give you a few new ways to kill some time on your coffee break.

I know, I know. I need to get out more...

The knitting continues apace, just nothing I can show you yet. Bear with me.

1 comment:

Woolly Stuff said...

hmmm that sounds interesting... I'm always interested in expanding the amount / kinds of music I listen to; I'll check it out!